What Is PrimusGFS Audit Scheme?
- PrimusGFS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized audit scheme for the certification of produce sector products — from growing operations to minimally-processed(fresh-cut) produce products.
- Depending on the operation being audited, PrimusGFS audits include Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- PrimusGFS is owned and managed by Azzule Systems. PrimusGFS audits are performed by Certification Bodies (auditing companies) that are approved by the PrimusGFS Scheme and accredited under ISO 65 or equivalent standard (e.g. ISO 17065) to perform PrimusGFS audits.
- This website contains many details to aid you in obtaining certification. An example of how to start the process of being audited and potentially certified is available here.
- PrimusGFS licenses training centers to provide required training for auditors, as well as optional education for auditees.
- PrimusGFS is continually updating its products and services.